FOSS4G-Europe 2017 Code sprint
We are following the old tradition of hosting a codesprint on the FOSS4G (https://europe.foss4g.org/2017/Code_Sprint). More precisely, we offer a setting so that individual projects can meet for their codesprint. Since projects benefit from each other as well, the codesprint will naturally be held conjointly at one place.
During the next FOSS4G Europe there will be space and time for you to improve your favorite Open Source project. More precisely, we offer a room for the entire conference period where individual projects can meet for their codesprints. Since projects benefit from working with each other as well, there will be also a dedicated day for the codesprint, Saturday 22 July 2017, the last day of the conference.
This is open to all who wish to participate in one or more projects. There’s always plenty to do – it’s not all about programming. Translation, documentation, feedback, discussions, testing – all this is also important for projects so everyone is cordially invited to attend the codesprints! Registration with the conference is not a prerequisite for participation in the codesprint, the codesprint is *free of charge*.
If you are interested to participate, please add you project/name in this wiki page.
Please be sure to avoid huge on-site downloads of data, as this could impact the work of others. Thank you!
The Codesprint Organizing Team is looking forward to your coming!
If you have questions/comments/ideas please let us know, contacting the Code Sprint Committee Chair at lucadeluge at gmail dot com
Saturday, the 22nd of July, 2017
9h - 17h
- École Nationale des Sciences Géographiques (ENSG)
- Room L006, ENSG (http://osm.org/go/0BO3PhxQU--?m=)
- Luca Delucchi
- Jeff McKenna
- Didier Richard
- Astrid Emde
- Bring your own computer
- Bring your power connector adapter (photo: France). See also http://www.power-plugs-sockets.com/
- Markus Neteler
- Veronica Andreo
- Margherita Di Leo
- Martin Landa
- Milena Nowotarska
- Ondřej Pešek
- Žofie Cimburová
- See agenda at https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_Community_Sprint_Paris_2017#Agenda_-_What_we_plan_to_do
- Set plans for inclusion into MS4W
- Update demo
- release planning
- & more
- Advanced user logging
- Evaluate Celery
- Kickstart WPS 2.0
- Create a QGIS pluggin to integrate iTowns into it.
- See this issue for plans.
YAGA App & Server
- Use the existing YAGA mapping framework implementation to Angular2 and implement an app that is independent from its server.
- Do necessary steps for adding the YAGA app to OSGeoLive.
- Maybe build server environment that fits best on the app.
- Translation Sprint
- Jody Garnett
- Vasile Crăciunescu
- Gather up details on OSGeo Partners and Friends for the new website
- Collect the information we have on our OSGeo Committees, may need group or activity photos
- Assist anyone interested in GeoForAll Labs, we have university of nottingham to use as an example
- Gather up details for any service providers, we have GeoCat and Boundless to use as en examples
- Work with project teams to categorize service providers into core contributors, contributors and other
- Gather up the information we have on Sponsors and share draft with sponsor representatives
- We have information sheets for OSGeo and GeoForAll, anyone else want to make an information sheet?
- Codrina Ilie
- Vasile Crăciunescu
- Add your self
- Add your goal